The Foundation provides investment management oversight services for Kentucky and Southern Baptist-related churches, associations, institutions and agencies and certain other IRC §501(c)(3) organizations. At fiscal year-end August 31, 2020 funds under management by the Foundation totaled $219M and included permanent endowments, charitable remainder trusts, charitable gift annuities, donor-advised funds and revocable accounts.
The Foundation operates three investment pools: equity, fixed income and alternative investments. Funds are invested in the asset allocation that best accomplishes the objectives of the client/beneficiary. The hallmarks of these service
s are: top-ranked performance, below market cost and Christian-based social screening. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
Why the Kentucky Baptist Foundation for your Organization’s Investment Needs?
- Top-ranked performance*
- Complete package of investment management, administration and fiduciary oversight at below market cost
- Economies of scale resulting in complete package at a reduced cost
- Flexibility in selection of an asset allocation to meet client’s objective(s) – with automatic rebalancing
- Christian-based social screening
- Risk limitation through diversification and quality standards
- Timely, dependable income distribution plan via direct deposit
- Clear, comprehensive accounting reports and on-line access
- Relief to client organization’s committee and staff from day-to-day investment research, analysis, decision making, transacting and reporting
- Unique blend of competent, competitive investment service and a commitment to the growth of the user-organization’s ministry.
The KBF recognizes total return, based upon income and market value changes, is the appropriate measure of performance.
*Past performance is no guarantee of future results
- The KBF utilizes a team of professional investment management firms and strategies, across a variety of asset classes with different, but complementary, styles and investment decision-making processes, to accomplish the investment objective of each investment fund within the risk definition and quality standards of each fund.
- The KBF also utilizes an independent service to measure the time-weighted performance of the investment managers and strategies relative to: (a) the approved benchmarks, (b) the level of risk taken and (c) other managers/strategies.
- The performance measurement and reporting is in accordance with the Basic Asset Information and Measurement Report (AIM™).
- The KBF Investment Committee of the Board of Directors, with the assistance of an independent consultant, continuously monitors the performance of all managers and strategies and determines each’s suitability for retention.
- For specific performance information, please contact KBF President French Harmon at French.Harmon@kybaptist.org or 866-489-3421 toll-free (KY only).
Roster of Investment Managers / Strategies as of May 31, 2021
Domestic Large Cap
Aristotle Value Fund
Delaware Investments Value
PCA SRI S&P 500 Index Fund
Mar Vista Growth
Domestic Mid Cap
PCA SRI S&P 400 Index Fund
Principal Mid Cap Core
Domestic Small Cap
T Rowe Price
Fidelity Real Estate REIT ETF
Cambiar International Equity ADR
Parametric MSCI ACWI EX-US
WCM Focused Growth International ADR
Parametric MSCI ACWI
Lazard Global Infrastructure Fund
International Emerging Market
Baird Aggregate Bond
Western Asset Core Plus Bond
T Rowe Price Institutional Floating Rate
PGIM High Yield
BlackRock Strategic Income
PNC Bank is the master custodian and provides sub-accounting of all funds administered by the Foundation. PNC Institutional Investments provides advisory services. Deming, Malone, Livesay & Ostroff, PSC is the independent firm which conducts the Foundation’s annual audit.